Jason was so happy when he got home that we actually got some stuff done around the house. Big announcement here:
We nailed in our first piece of flooring! Then we stopped.
Where we really made progress was the built-ins. I have been scouring the internet trying to find some other blogs who have done built-ins, and there aren’t many. I found these cool built in Hemnes-bookshelves on Ikeahackers:
However, as much as I love a great Ikea hack, we can’t use Ikea shelves, because what we need has to be custom to fit the space we have. I did come across amazing project on One Project Closer:
They have some good advice, but One Step Closer isn’t a blog, it’s more a collection of how-to’s, so there isn’t really anyone for me to e-mail with questions. I’ll keep looking. For now, we are going at this alone.
1. 8 foot sections of premium pine 1 x 8 (5)
2. 8 foot section of premium pine 1 x 10 (1)
3. 48″ of premium pine 1 x 3
4. 8 foot sections of premium pine 1 x 2
5. Nail Gun with 1.5″ nails
6. Wood Glue (I use Loc-Tite trim and molding adhesive)
8. Table Saw
9. 4 x 4 section of plywood
10. *for outlet cut-outs Circular saw/jig saw/we used our Oscillating Multi-Tool